Tersan Shipyard delivers ‘Atlantic Viking’
‘Atlantic Viking’ has become the fourth in a series of five trawlers delivered to Norwegian owners by Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
Giske Havfiske AS, a fishing company from Alesund in Norway, has taken the delivery of the 74.7m state-of-the-art stern freezer trawler, which also has a processing plant onboard.
The first three trawlers in the series - Havbryn, Havstrand and Volstad - were delivered to owners, Strand Fiskelsrap, Strand Havfiske and Volstad AS in February, May and June this year respectively.
Nurettin Paksu, group president said, “We are very delighted to see the delivery of F/T Atlantic Viking to its owners Giske Havfiske AS. F/T Atlantic Viking is the fourth advanced trawler fishing vessel that we have delivered to Norway within last eight months, we are very proud to see how an efficient conveyor belt that a dedicated part of our shipyard has turned into for such kind of vessels.
“We are very sure that with sustained success of these recent deliveries, our cooperation with Norway will steadily increase and we will take more part in Norwegian ship building market. I thank each party and the individuals who have participated in this project to achieve such success.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Northern Osprey III named at Tersan
- Norway’s filleter flagship
- BioMar’s environmentally friendly feed carrier
- New Turkish built factory freezer trawler
- New longliner for Leinebris AS
- Tersan Shipyard announces delivery of ‘Havstrand’
- Tersan Shipyard delivers ‘Volstad’
- Tersan Shipyard delivers ‘Atlantic Viking’
- New live fish carrier for Faroese salmon producer
- Tersan longliners
- Tersan Shipyard delivers ‘Kirkella’
- Tersan Shipyard delivers Havbryn