PPS East signs three year contract
PPS East has signed a three year contract with Grimsby, UK, business Jaines Seafood - its longest contract in the seafood industry.
With state-of-the art production lines at the processing company's emerging new facility, it required a different type of product to those in the PPS range of reusable bulk fish packaging.
Working closely together, PPS sourced 500 new white filleting trays to meet Jaines needs and will also provide box-washing services.
Kate Williamson, business development manager for PPS said, "The three-year contract is good news for PPS because of the longevity.
“We worked together very closely to find the ideal solution and the new trays run smoothly along the factory lines, making them faster and easier to move about the factory when fish is being filleted.”
Chris Sparkes, managing director of Jaines and Son Ltd, said: "We are putting best practice measures in. PPS offers a great service, which is an eco-friendly service as there is no waste and the hygiene element is very, very good.
“We have done a deal to be supplied for our new lines, for product going on and off, as well as new plastic pallets for the factory and chillers.”
Jaines's three-phase move and expansion from Wharncliffe Road to the Jaines seafood facility in Kemp Road has been on the go for more than three years and the business is undergoing a significant transformation, with developments planned and more jobs anticipated in the future.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- PPS acquires GW Containers
- PPS East wins new crate pooling contract with Levenstond Seafood
- PPS focussed on Cool Blue customers
- Young’s and PPS – a mutually beneficial partnership
- CEFAS trial simulates discard ban
- PPS opens new site
- PPS announces acquisition of TFA Box Company
- PPS launches new ‘Easy-Clean’ fish box
- PPS appoints Icelandic Agent to support expansion
- PPS East achieves BRC accreditation
- PPS East showcases new box designs
- New PPS pallets flying high
- PPS crates get Five Star approval
- PPS East introduces fish box management system
- PPS fish box sales soar
- Young’s Seafood renews deal with PPS East
- Funding boosts fish box development
- PPS East signs three year contract
- PPS East launches ‘Re-Fresh’