More PFDs to English and Welsh fishermen
Ocean Safety will continue to supply Mullion Compact PFDs to Seafish
UK safety supplier Ocean Safety will continue to supply Mullion Compact PFDs (personal flotation devices) to Seafish, after the application for further funding was successful.
As a result of funding via the European Fisheries Fund (EFF), the next phase of the contract will see Ocean Safety deliver 1,670 jackets, which will be distributed to commercial fishermen in England and Wales, as part of an ongoing Fishing Industry Safety Group (FISG) initiative, which aims to drive up safety standards.
Approximately 7,000 fishermen in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland have already benefitted from the initiative and in the next 18 months, the remaining fishermen will be awarded the jackets.
Many PFDs will be given to eligible fisherman throughout the course of The Skipper Expo International in Bournemouth, which will be held 10-11 October 2014.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Ocean Safety introduces the 3Si Guardian range
- Safety companies merge
- Lifejackets due for servicing
- English and Welsh fishermen to receive PFDs
- Second batch of lifejackets delivered
- New lifejacket combo to debut at Seawork
- More PFDs to English and Welsh fishermen
- New range of commercial liferafts launched
- New liferaft hire facility opens
- Ocean Safety designs new lifejacket