Trawler completed for Scottish company
The latest vessel from Macduff Shipyards Limited is the ‘Vision III’ – a twin rig trawler for MB Vision LLP, which will operate through Westward Fishing Company, Fraserburgh, Scotland.
Vision III will mostly be fishing for prawns, but can also be rigged for whitefish trawling.
The vessel has the same hull as Jacqueline Anne which the yard completed in July 2013, but the deckhouse and wheelhouse position and layout have been amended to suit the owner’s requirements.
The vessel has a double chine hull form, with flared bulbous bow and transom stern.
Macduff Profilers provided the steel kit from cutting information supplied by Macduff Ship Design Limited, and the complete vessel was fabricated, engineered and fitted out in Macduff.
The steel deckhouse is fitted rail to rail athwartships, and the steel deckshelter is formed as an extension of the hull without a rail line. The shelterdeck forward of the net handling area is weathertight.
The deckhouse area has a completely different layout from that on Jacqueline Anne, and contains a combined galley/messroom, a separate Skipper’s cabin, separate shower and toilet spaces, and a storage room.
The aluminium alloy wheelhouse is set on top of the deckshelter, with layout arranged to suit the owner’s requirements, featuring a clear walkway across the forward end of the wheelhouse.
The main engine is a Mitsubishi S6R2-T2MPTK-3 rated 480KW at 1350RPM, with Reintjes WAF 374 reverse reduction gearbox with 7.091:1 reduction ratio, driving a 2300mm diameter 4 blade propeller by BT Marine Propellers Ltd, housed in a fixed nozzle. The nozzle incorporates a triple rudder arrangement designed and supplied by BT Marine.
A Cummins QSL9 variable speed auxiliary engine, rated 285HP at 1800RPM is fitted on the port side arranged to drive the hydraulic pumps for the deck machinery through a JBJ splitter box.
The deck machinery package includes: a Macduff three drum trawl winch; two Macduff split net drums; a Caledonian Hydraulics gilson winch; a Thistle MKB13 kinked boom short post crane c/w tilting head; a Thistle 24” ribbed barrel powerblock head; a Thistle MFB8 straight boom discharging crane c/w winch; two Rotzler gear handling winches on aft gantry; a curved towing bar and carriage; and a D-I clutched pto gearbox on main engine c/w standby pumps.
The fishroom insulation was completed by Bruce Davidson, the fish handling system by Macduff Shipyards Limited, and the fishroom chilling and ice maker by Premier Refrigeration, Fraserburgh.
Electronic equipment was supplied by McMinn Marine Ltd.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Macduff’s largest fishing vessel delivery
- Forever Faithful delivered
- Macduff updates its designs
- Macduff gets in on the fish farming act with Emma
- Amethyst new jewel for West and Johnston
- Macduff cat for fish farming
- New Dawn for wooden trawler
- Macduff Shipyards completes Excel
- Macduff Shipyards completes major conversion
- Macduff completes Fruitful Vine
- Aberdeen Harbour awards Macduff Shipyards £1m contract
- Macduff completes Victoria May
- New scallop trawler from Macduff
- “Guiding Star” completed
- Endeavour IV from Macduff Shipyards
- Macduff delivers for Ireland
- Amethyst completed
- Macduff Shipyards completes Rebecca
- Orders for British boats
- Fisheries research vessel "Alba Na Mara"
- New “Daystar” BF 151
- Vessel refurbishment
- MMS lengthen Scottish fishing trawler
- Macduff’s new design - Favonius
- New feed carrier Helen Burnie
- Macduff completes 'Jacqueline Anne'
- Macduff wins repeat order
- Trawler completed for Scottish company
- Macduff Shipyards secures £3.3m contract
- ‘Benarkle II’ completed