New head for Seafood Scotland
Patrick Hughes has been appointed as the new Head of Seafood Scotland, the organisation set up to increase the value of return to the Scottish seafood sector.
Mr Hughes joins from SAC Consulting, the consulting arm of the Scotland’s Rural College, where he was Senior Food and Drink consultant, working closely with emerging and established food & drink businesses across Scotland to affect growth, profitability and greater commercialisation of the sector.
He said: “My remit is to transform Seafood Scotland into a sustainable organisation that will continue to support and grow the sector whilst working closely with the wider food and drink industry and I relish the opportunity to be at the head of the organisation at such a transformative time.”
As part of his previous role, Mr Hughes led the Scottish Government funded Think Localprogramme followed by Connect Local, Scotland’s local food and drink marketing advisory service launched in July 2016, comprising SAC Consulting, Scotland Food & Drink, SAOS (the Scottish Agricultural Organisation Society) and Seafood Scotland.
Having graduated from The Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Mr Hughes then spent just over 20 years working in the seafood sector across the North-East.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- New head for Seafood Scotland
- Flying the flag for Scotland
- Gastronomic sailing trips showcase the best of Scottish seafood!
- Edinburgh cook wins Young Scottish Seafood Chef title
- Scots processors urged to ‘plan to succeed’
- Bocuse d’Or chef visits Scottish fishing industry
- Scottish seafood tops menu in Lyon
- Young seafood chef competition launched
- Scottish seafood in global spotlight
- Edinburgh chef wins Young Scottish Seafood Chef title
- Seafood consultant to visit Scotland
- New vice chair for Seafood Scotland
- Scottish schools project goes nationwide
- Seafood Scotland CEO moving to Seafish
- Scottish haddock on top according to consumer tests
- New head of Seafood Scotland
- Scottish deal with chef society
- Scot’s creel fishermen awarded vital funding
- Scottish showcase in Japan
- Scottish delegation to China
- Funding available for Scotland’s processing industry
- Seafood companies improve efficiency
- Japan a crucial market for Scottish seafood