Macduff Shipyards completes major conversion
Govenek of Ladram
Macduff Shipyards Ltd has just completed a major conversion on a former north east vessel.
The vessel was originally built by the Macduff yard in 1986 as Fruitful Bough PD109 as a seine trawler for James West of Peterhead. The West family operated the vessel until just before they replaced her in early 2004 with a new steel trawler from Macduff bearing the same name and number.
The original vessel was sold to Martin Miller and Partners of Portknockie, and renamed Regent Bird BCK110.
Now taken over by Waterdance Limited of Devon along with skipper Phil Mitchell from Cornwall, the vessel has now been renamed Govenek of Ladram PZ51.
A major conversion by Macduff Shipyards Ltd has turned the vessel into a gill netter, which will operate out of Cornwall into the western approaches and out into the Atlantic.
All of the deck machinery, gallows etc were stripped off the vessel and replaced by a Spencer Carter gillnet hauler and associated equipment. Structural alterations were carried out for stowage of the gill nets, ropes and anchors etc.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Macduff’s largest fishing vessel delivery
- Forever Faithful delivered
- Macduff updates its designs
- Macduff gets in on the fish farming act with Emma
- Amethyst new jewel for West and Johnston
- Macduff cat for fish farming
- New Dawn for wooden trawler
- Macduff Shipyards completes Excel
- Macduff Shipyards completes major conversion
- Macduff completes Fruitful Vine
- Aberdeen Harbour awards Macduff Shipyards £1m contract
- Macduff completes Victoria May
- New scallop trawler from Macduff
- “Guiding Star” completed
- Endeavour IV from Macduff Shipyards
- Macduff delivers for Ireland
- Amethyst completed
- Macduff Shipyards completes Rebecca
- Orders for British boats
- Fisheries research vessel "Alba Na Mara"
- New “Daystar” BF 151
- Vessel refurbishment
- MMS lengthen Scottish fishing trawler
- Macduff’s new design - Favonius
- New feed carrier Helen Burnie
- Macduff completes 'Jacqueline Anne'
- Macduff wins repeat order
- Trawler completed for Scottish company
- Macduff Shipyards secures £3.3m contract
- ‘Benarkle II’ completed