Funding for fisheries research available
The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) is inviting bids for funding though the Fisheries Challenge Fund (FCF), which is available to those involved in research projects looking at fisheries management issues.
The funding is available to support all types of research and analysis which look at an issue currently facing part of the UK fishing industry and are consistent with the objective of achieving sustainable fisheries.
Projects sponsored by a university or government agency are particularly being sought, along with those which involve fishermen making vessel time available for research work or other similar stakeholder contribution. Priority will also be given to applications which look at providing effective practical support to regional advisory councils.
Proposals for projects to be funded for the 2012-13 financial year must be received by 18 February 2013 and application forms, and details of projects previously completed as part of the FCF scheme are available from the MMO website.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Focus on sustainability as Macduff makes key appointment
- UK holds IUU regulations workshop
- Sole discard reduction trial
- English aquaculture: Apply for funding
- MMO gets new chief executive
- South Coast next marine planning area
- Funding for smoked fish industry
- EFF deadline approaching
- Increase in fish value landed by UK fleet
- UK fishing industry report out today
- Near zero discards in MMO trial
- Funding for fisheries research available
- CEFAS trial simulates discard ban
- NFFO voices concerns over e-logs
- Extra fishing days for UK scallopers
- UK demersal landings highest in over 10 years
- Master and owner fined for breaching fisheries regulations
- Vessel owners fined £13,150
- Changes to demersal trawl regulations
- Channel scallop deal secured
- North Sea cod catch quota trials
- UK fishing industry statistics published
- The control of fisheries through marine spatial planning?