“Jacoba Prins” wins ‘Ship of the Year’ award
"Jacoba Prins" wins 'Ship of the Year"
Maaskant Bruinisse B.V., a member of the Damen Shipyards Group and specialised in building vessels for the shellfish industry, has won the Dutch KNVTS ‘Ship of the Year’ award with “Jacoba Prins”.
The revolutionary developed oyster dredger comprises a number of innovations including:
• Complete diesel-electric operation
• Newly developed fishing system from the stern of the vessel
• Two 360 degrees steerable thrusters
• Small wheelhouse placed offset to starboard
• No mast or derricks
• Three box dredges on the stern
• Can be handled for fishing by just one person
For further details on the "Jacoba Prins", please see Wold Fishing August 2005