Virginia aquaculture value higher than ever
The value of Virginia aquaculture reached an all-time high in 2013. Credit: VIMS
According to a survey of shellfish aquaculture conducted by the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS) and Virginia Sea Grant, Virginia’s shellfish growers sold an estimated 31 million single oysters and 214.4 million clams in 2013 for a farm-gate value of $45.1 million - an all-time high.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Virginia upgrades research fleet
- Blue crabs tolerate hypoxic conditions
- Record level of mid-Atlantic scallop seed
- Oyster patent wins professor Inventor of the Year Award
- Virginia aquaculture value higher than ever
- Virginia aquaculture reaches all-time high