Wärtsilä launches new long life seal ring
Wärtsilä Bio Seal Ring
Wärtsilä has launched its new Bio Seal RingTM product for maritime stern tube seal applications.
The Bio Seal Ring is suitable for Wärtsilä Lip seal type stern tube sealing systems and is the first seal on the market that works with Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EAL), sometimes known as bio-degradable oils. It has a lifetime of at least five years, where as conventional seal rings are recommended to be changed at two and a half year intervals.
The company says that the benefits offered by the Wärtsilä Bio Seal Ring to ship owners and operators are both environmental and economic. The extended operating life expectancy has a significantly positive impact on dry-dock scheduling and related costs. The unique features of the Wärtsilä Bio Seal Ring have been achieved through improvements in the material formula by including new additives.
This solution is suited to fixed pitched propeller systems. Wärtsilä recommends that ship owners consult with the propulsion original equipment manufacturers to confirm EAL compatibility for controllable pitch propeller systems.
Wärtsilä Lip Seals are today fitted on many commercial fishing vessels and it is possible to both retrofit commercial fishing vessels and build new vessels with Wärtsilä Lip type seals (with Bio Seal Rings).
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- World's first hybrid propulsion for aquaculture vessel
- Wärtsilä powers two new Nord Pilgrim trawlers
- Wärtsilä power for pelagic trawler
- Wärtsilä 31 engine to power new fishing vessel
- Wärtsilä designs and powers advanced trawler
- Wärtsilä to power UK research vessel
- Wärtsilä appoints new president and CEO
- Hercules-2 engine development project to get underway
- Wärtsilä power for Norwegian fishing vessel
- Record-breaking engine
- Wärtsilä to design and equip new vessel for Liegruppen
- Wärtsilä and Versa Power agree to develop fuel cell technology
- Wärtsilä designs vessel for Vendla AS
- Bergen Group Vest Elektro awarded new contract
- Wärtsilä introduces new fishing concept
- Wärtsilä receives €50m loan for R&D
- Wärtsilä launches new long life seal ring
- Wärtsilä launches 2-speed marine gearbox
- Upgraded Wärtsilä NOx Reducer for HB Grandi vessels
- Wärtsilä expands range of engines manufactured in China
- Wärtsilä equipment chosen for new fishing vessels
- New Scottish fishing vessel powered by Wärtsilä