Call for papers have been released for the 5th edition of the Fish Waste for Profit conference taking place on 19-20th September 2024, Reykjavik.
The 5th edition of Fish Waste for Profit will be running at the same time as the IceFish Exhibition. The reutilisation of fish processing by-products is a lucrative add-on to regular fish processing, serving the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries. Estimates reveal that 43% of fish and shellfish resources end up as wastage, which represents a significant amount of potential profit that could be generated from otherwise discarded material. Fish Waste for Profit provides attendees with knowledge on how to maximise their return on investment from potentially discarded parts of the catch that be turned into high value products for non-food sectors.
The programme will cover all aspects technology, regulatory changes and challenges, capitalising on emerging opportunities, future proofing and meeting market needs.
We now invite interested speakers to put forward their abstract submissions for next year’s event. During the 1.5-day conference, the session topics & panel discussions will include:
- Energising the industry for investment (what do investors want from start-ups)
- IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) opportunities/processes/assistance for start-ups
- Futureproofing and meeting market and consumer attitudes/needs
- Growing emerging opportunities linked closely to partnerships in the circular economy and opportunities that connect land and sea and cross sector - pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, feed, pet foods, biofuels, and fertilizers etc
- AI, digital technology, and applications in commercial fishing/aquaculture by-product production
- The power of partnerships – how teaming up and collaborative relationships can accelerate full utilisation; what are the current available support systems for startups?
- Certification, traceability and nutritional value of by-products
Companies, organisations, and individuals are invited to submit abstracts on the above and other interesting topics. Abstracts should be approximately 250 – 300 words and submissions should include a biography and headshot photo of the speaker. Case studies and collaborative projects will be given preference.
Please submit all enquiries and abstracts before 5th December 2023 to Terri Metcalfe at email@example.com.
For further information about speaking, sponsoring, or attending as a delegate, contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to one and a half days of conference presentations, networking coffee and lunch breaks, delegates will have the opportunity to join the 13,000 fishing professionals in attendance at the Icelandic Fisheries Exhibition which will run from 18-20 September 2024.