Sales Brand Manager
Mercator Media Ltd
Sales Brand Manager
£25k - £28k basic DOE. OTE £47K+
We are looking for a talented, experienced sales person to join our award winning B2B media company. Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the commercial marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and East Asia plus a range of new digital services. With multiple brands, websites and events, this is a unique opportunity for a results driven and dynamic Sales person to manage one of our leading Brands and to join a great B2B media company.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a major role within the company, which would suit someone with extensive sales experience and where progression, career development and high earnings are available.
The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and driven, with good communication, IT, and organisational skills. With a portfolio of sales targets & KPI’s to achieve, the Brand manager must be able to show initiative and work collaboratively with their Editor to ensure their brand succeeds. It is essential that they are an enthusiastic team player and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- Plan and carry out sales activities to maintain and develop sales of our digital and print advertising product portfolio to UK and international accounts.
- Provide a structured, consultative sales approach providing solutions to new and existing client’s needs.
- Brand & advertisement production, page planning, copy writing and design, partnerships.
- Identify new revenue opportunities as well as effective account management.
- Attending events to represent the brand, to network and create new client opportunities.
- Maintaining regular contact with all prospective, previous and existing customers via outbound calls, ensuring their marketing needs are identified through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods.
- The role will be office based and does require some overseas travel.
- Attending exhibitions and events to network, build client relationships and create new client opportunities.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience as a Sales, Media Sales or B2B Sales Executive. Ideally with experience working in a B2B media environment selling multi-platform solutions including print and digital advertising to existing and new clients. Events and conference sales experience is a benefit.
- Effective sales techniques and skills demonstrated by a successful track record of exceeding targets and goals in B2B sales.
- Strong organisational skills to track client opportunity, relationship management and sales pipeline management.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- The ability to rise to a challenge and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic team player and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
- Commercially astute you will be keen to join a company in which the delivery of corporate objectives in a team environment is both recognised and remunerated.
- 2nd language is desirable but not essential.
BENEFITS: Free parking, company away days, incentive schemes, work place pension, death in service Insurance, additional holiday purchase and much more.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Deadline to express your interest in this role is Wednesday 17thApril 2019. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Syreeta Boulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager to work at the Company’s Seawater site at Carrada... Read more
Our client is expanding and as such has a number of opportunities across Scotland for Marine Farm Ma... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced sales person to join our award winning B2B media company.... Read more
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.... Read more