The Scottish Salmon Company -
£34,814 a year
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Harvest Manager to effectively and efficiently manage the department and take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Harvest Operation, Harvest Processes and staff within your control. Ensuring all jobs are carried out in a timely, safe and responsible manner and to the highest Fish Welfare, Biosecurity, Environmental, Hygiene, Quality, Food Safety and Health & Safety standards ensuring best practice as well as customer satisfaction are reached.
What does the job entail?
- Take full accountability of harvest operation and to harvest fish at any company harvest station as required, ensuring adherence to all standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that the team is resourced by the right quality of people who reflect the SSC values and the needs of the business. Own all people processes including training, development, holidays and absence. Coach all staff to ensure company policies and standards are understood and adhered to.
- Responsible for achieving the highest fish welfare, biosecurity, hygiene, quality and food safety standards.
- Maintain all site equipment, machinery and resources, and report on as required. Encourage support from other functions as required.
- Develop appropriate KPI’s in conjunction with General Manager. Measure, monitor and review harvesting operations. Report on agreed KPI’s to the GM, highlighting and explaining variances.
- Inform the GM of any defect, damage, accident, incident or product issue and liaise on all fish related matters. Seeks out and encourages the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Gives input into, and controls total site expenditure to meet or better budget.
What are we looking for?
- Broad knowledge of harvesting processes within a food production environment.
- Demonstrated staff leadership and management experience in a similar role.
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills with the ability to motivate teams
- Full clean driver’s license
- Experience of driving H&S standards, championing a broad understanding of best practice.
- Flexible and responsible attitude to working hours.
- Competent MS Office skills and related reporting skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Long Service Awards
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £34,814.00 /year
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager to work at the Company’s Seawater site at Carrada... Read more
Our client is expanding and as such has a number of opportunities across Scotland for Marine Farm Ma... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced sales person to join our award winning B2B media company.... Read more
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.... Read more