The Scottish Salmon Company
£18,558 - £27,749 a year
Isle Of Harris
Why work with us? * £150 million turnover * 500 + staff (continually growing) * We sell to over 26 countries around the world * We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture * Industry leading training and development framework * Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Freshwater Operative to work as directed by the Freshwater Site Manager in the day to day operation of the freshwater sites; including, vessels, equipment, hatchery and smolt production sites and shore bases as required.
* Technical Standards – operates to the highest standard of husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards and supports the Site Manager & Senior Freshwater Operative to ensure that these are embedded through the site. Highlighting and reacting to issues when appropriate in areas such as: Production, Environment, Quality, Health and Safety, Fish Welfare, Biosecurity and Hygiene
* Site Operations – meet the highest quality standards, following all SOPs
* Measurement & Control – Understands the site KPIs and supports the team to ensure that these KPIs are used to improve site performance
* Health & Safety – Follows safe working practices and as a team member, ensures a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site. As a minimum meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
* Skills Training – Attends all courses as required and only operating machinery authorised and trained to do so.
- Ideally have technical expertise in aquaculture and fish husbandry, preferably previous hatchery work
- Good practical skills – mechanical or engineering experience
- Team player – experience of working co-operatively within a small team
- Good standard of fitness and excellent attendance record
- Able to demonstrate good numeric and IT skills
- Comfortable on and around boats and water
- Ability to work weekend rotas and flexible hours as workload dictates
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered
Why work with us? * £150 million turnover * 650 + staff (continually growing) * We sell to over 26 c... Read more
Nor-sea Foods Ltd is part of a fast-growing group of companies, including International Fish Canners... Read more
Throughout the world fisheries are using good management practices to safeguard jobs, secure fish st... Read more
Why work with us? * £150 million turnover * 500 + staff (continually growing) * We sell to over 26 c... Read more