Rolls-Royce to design and equip stern trawler
Rolls-Royce has signed a £7 million contract to design and equip a stern trawler for the Norwegian fishing company Prestfjord Havfiske AS.
The trawler is a Rolls-Royce NVC 370 design and will be built at Freire Shipyard in Vigo, Spain. At 69m long, the vessel will carry out traditional fishing operations for whitefish and shrimp, and will be equipped for both bottom and pelagic trawl. It will operate mainly in Norwegian, Russian and Greenland waters.
Monrad Hide, VP Sales & Contract for Fish and Special Purpose Vessels at Rolls-Royce, said: "This will be the third Rolls-Royce vessel chosen by Prestfjord Havfiske AS and we are of course very happy about this new contract and the close cooperation we have with this innovative owner. Fuel-economy, environmental considerations, comfort, performance at sea and catch quality underpin the NVC 370 vessel design".
To achieve the best possible operating economy and environment-friendly profile, the vessel will have a hybrid propulsion system, based on the Rolls-Royce Hybrid Shaft Generator system (HSG). This means that it can be operated in diesel-electric or diesel-mechanical mode. An effective Bergen diesel engine will be installed together with the integrated rudder and propeller system Promas. Electric permanent magnet driven trawl winches will also be delivered by Rolls-Royce.
Much development work, including CFD calculations, has been performed in order to design a hull which ensures fuel-efficient speed, low-noise, cost-effective operation and good sea-keeping.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Digital platform for new ship development
- Rolls-Royce launches V-Line variant of B33:45 engine
- HB Grandi invites bids for new freezer trawler
- Rolls-Royce design Greenland pair
- New fish feed carrier for Norway
- Largest Danish fishing vessel ever
- Fiskebas orders new purse seiner
- Second Environship order for Rolls-Royce
- Rolls-Royce to provide fish transporter
- New Rolls-Royce fish transporter
- Repeat order for fish transporter
- Stern trawler design and equipment
- Gondán delivers to Norway
- Macduff delivers for Ireland
- Fishing boats go for 64 bar winches
- Rolls Royce’s new hybrid shaft generator
- Rolls-Royce wins Environship order
- New live fish carrier for Faroese salmon producer
- Rolls-Royce to design and equip stern trawler
- Rolls-Royce propulsion for new research vessel
- Sølvtrans orders new live fish carrier