New liferaft hire facility opens
An Ocean Safety hire liferaft onboard a customer vessel
UK safety equipment specialist, Ocean Safety, has opened a new liferaft hire division.
Following a year’s worth of trials, the company is now making the liferaft hire service available across all its branches around the UK, which include Aberdeen, Glasgow, Plymouth and Southampton.
Ocean Safety says that this alternative to purchase is favoured by a number of commercial maritime operators, code of practice and charter and leisure customers.
Hiring a liferaft ensures that regular service dates and the exchange of old for new takes the effort of planning away from the operator, since the programme is taken care of by Ocean Safety and the customer will always be equipped with current and legislated equipment.
Liferafts for hire include a full range of approved commercial models from 130-person covered and Open Reversible liferafts (ORLs) to a 4-person SOLAS B canister liferaft. Safety equipment hire also includes lifejackets and EPIRBS.
“Recent response has shown us that a proportion of our customers prefer a hire package,” says Dave Evans of Ocean Safety. “We are offering a comprehensive hire programme to suit any operation from small-scale fisherman to large offshore support vessels.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Ocean Safety introduces the 3Si Guardian range
- Safety companies merge
- Lifejackets due for servicing
- English and Welsh fishermen to receive PFDs
- Second batch of lifejackets delivered
- New lifejacket combo to debut at Seawork
- More PFDs to English and Welsh fishermen
- New range of commercial liferafts launched
- New liferaft hire facility opens
- Ocean Safety designs new lifejacket