PPS acquires GW Containers
The acquisition will enable PPS access to an even larger range of packaging solutions
PPS, a supplier of returnable packaging services, has acquired GW Containers, a UK specialist in plastic fish boxes and insulated containers.
The acquisition will enable PPS to expand and enhance its current services to ensure customers have access to an even larger range of packaging solutions.
David Peggie, CEO of PPS, said: “We’ve admired the services and reputation of GW Containers for many years and we are proud to be able to take on the exceptional services and impressive customer base.”
Graham Witherington of GW Containers, added: “We’ve known of PPS for many years due to the complementary services they offered to our own. Their reputation is second to none and we couldn’t think of a better partner to take the business forward.”
PPS has enjoyed continued growth in its 15-year history, and now employs more than 150 people across its sites in the Midlands, Grimsby and Kirkham.
The company provides cost effective and environmentally friendly returnable plastic packaging solutions across the UK, Europe and Iceland and moves 25 million boxes a year for customers including retailers, food processors and the automotive industry.
Currently PPS offers the delivery, collection, asset tracking, washing, rental and repair of returnable equipment. The group also offers the sale of a wide range of returnable packaging via the independent stockist Alison Handling, which joined the group 18 months-ago.
GW Containers is the sole UK distributor for the market leading Sæplast insulated containers and the RPC Promens fish box range.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- PPS acquires GW Containers
- PPS East wins new crate pooling contract with Levenstond Seafood
- PPS focussed on Cool Blue customers
- Young’s and PPS – a mutually beneficial partnership
- CEFAS trial simulates discard ban
- PPS opens new site
- PPS announces acquisition of TFA Box Company
- PPS launches new ‘Easy-Clean’ fish box
- PPS appoints Icelandic Agent to support expansion
- PPS East achieves BRC accreditation
- PPS East showcases new box designs
- New PPS pallets flying high
- PPS crates get Five Star approval
- PPS East introduces fish box management system
- PPS fish box sales soar
- Young’s Seafood renews deal with PPS East
- Funding boosts fish box development
- PPS East signs three year contract
- PPS East launches ‘Re-Fresh’