Brunvoll Volda contracted for trawler propulsion system
The propulsion system will be installed on Norway-based ship owner Odd Lundberg
Brunvoll Volda will provide a gearbox and cp-propeller with control system for a new pelagic trawler.
The company has signed a contract with MAN Diesel & Turbo SE to deliver the technology for Norway-based ship owner Odd Lundberg in Q3 and Q4 2018.
Hallvard Pettersen, CEO of Brunvoll Volda, said: “Tailor-made propulsion systems are our speciality, and there has been a good dialogue in order to find the best technical solutions for this vessel.”
The propulsion system is a two-speed hybrid solution driven by a MAN 6L32 diesel engine in combination with an electro motor.
It is optimised for operation at two different propeller speeds, in addition to boost mode.
The system is designed with floating frequency for optimised fuel efficiency and environmental friendly sealing solutions for zero emissions of oil at sea.
The vessel will be designed and built by Karstensens Skibsværft in Denmark.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Brunvoll Volda contracted for trawler propulsion system
- Quick fix for North Sea trawler
- MAN D2676 powered workboat
- Danes refurb Russian factory-ship engines
- MAN B&W launch new engine range
- Wärtsilä and MAN Diesel & Turbo continue HERCULES project
- MAN powered specialised fishing vessel
- Hercules-2 engine development project to get underway
- MAN power for US fishing trawler
- MAN power and exhaust cleaning for trawlers
- Chilean fish farmer orders MAN gensets
- MAN CR unit ready for US market
- New vessel for Northern Ireland
- MAN Diesel’s environmental milestone
- 'Green lubes' for environmentally friendly CP propellers
- Centurion Del Atlantico returns to southern hemisphere
- PrimeServ’s latest trawler overhaul
- Reliability is the word
- Higher efficiency engines with ultra-low emissions
- MAN Diesel & Turbo SE merger complete
- Retrofit HAM system leads to 61% NOx reduction
- MAN L27/38 for new Cattleya
- Tuna vessel opts for MAN propulsion
- ‘Herøyhav’ for Norway