SI supports the exhibition
The Federation of Iceland Industries (SI) is an official supporting association of the Icelandic Fisheries Exhibition 2011, providing important Icelandic support for this international event.
The federation is a network of contacts which looks after the complex and different interests of Icelandic industrial companies.
SI has around 1,000 members, both companies and employer organisations, including commercial fishing. They are quite different from each other in terms of size, products and markets. This variety makes the job challenging and necessary at the same time - care is taken to emphasise what the companies have in common, while also looking after individual needs. The successful implementation of this strategy has made SI the largest and most influential employer organisation in Iceland.
SI looks after the interests of industry in every way and in close co-operation with the individual enterprise. The work is based on strategic work carried out by nine occupational work groups and over 20 organisations. The service available to members is on one hand individual to the enterprise or occupational work group and on the other general in such matters as quality, education, marketing and public relations.
The federation's tasks include:
- Improving the general working environment by influencing government policy
- Monitoring international trends in management
- Monitoring and influencing Iceland’s international position, particularly in a European context
- Increasing efficiency by introducing new and improved management methods
- Making sure rules are followed in the marketplace
- Encouraging co-operation between companies
- Giving service and advice