TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR AQUACULTURE – MARINE FINFISH OPERATIONS
TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR AQUACULTURE
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/engineer with experience in marine finfish hatchery and nursery operations.
The candidate with the right profile will be an asset to consolidate BioMar’s position as preferred feed supplier to aquafarms, and to advice on optimizing hatchery and nursery production.
Customer Counselling and Optimization of hatchery, nursery and pregrowing Production
BioMar offers a stimulating position as one of our Technical Advisors in BioFarm West Med. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high level technical service to our many customers and colleagues. With your strong knowledge within aquaculture, you will be a strong tie between our customers, sales force and product managers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Customer counselling in cooperation with our sales team
- Onsite optimization of production
- Collecting field data, analysing, reporting, giving recommendations and following up
- Participation in workshops and conferences – on-stage as well as off-stage
- Planning, execution and evaluation of benchmark and BioFarm trials
A team of Technical Advisors supporting the West Med market
You will be joining our small team of Technical Advisors in BioFarm supporting our West Med organization and our customers. As a part of our West Med Customer Service & Sales organization, the BioFarm team strives to deliver high level technical counselling for the benefit of our customers and their possibilities of optimizing their fish hatchery production. The team is characterised by an informal environment with a high competence level and a good relation among colleagues within the organization.
Biologist/engineer with knowledge of marine hatchery operations and an outgoing and communicative personality
As a person you are outgoing and trustworthy with a solid commercial focus. You are a strong communicator and raise your opinion in a convincing yet tactful manner. Furthermore, people describe you as structured, detail-oriented and persistent. Your professional background is probably characterized by:
- Experience within the field of aquaculture
- A formal education as a biologist or similar, alternatively as an engineer combined with knowledge of fish farm production
- Exhaustive knowledge within modern aquaculture, live prey production, nutrition of larvae, it is a benefit if it includes experience within recirculation aquaculture systems
- An ability to speak and write English fluently
- Competences in MS Excel and in expressing yourself in writing
The position is based at the offices of BioMar SAS in Nersac, France. You should expect a travelling activity of 60-80 days per year, primarily in Europe.
We will be going through applications as they come in and hire when we find the right candidate. We therefore encourage you to apply as fast as possible, and no later than October 1st 2018.
For further information please contact:
Bruno Noguerra, BioFarm Manager, +33 6 85 07 54 04
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wale... Read more
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Fisheries Officer working within the Departme... Read more
We are recruiting for two Freshwater Operatives for our hatchery at Geocrab, Isle of Harris. Their d... Read more
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/engineer with experience in marine finfish hatc... Read more