Marine Harvest is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon.
The company employs 12,717 people globally, and is represented in 24 countries. In 2016 the company had a turnover of EUR 3.6 billion.
Marine Harvest supplies healthy, delicious and sustainably farmed salmon and processed seafood to more than 70 markets worldwide. In 2016 harvest volumes of salmon were 381,000 tonnes (GWE).
Over the coming years Marine Harvest has announced plans to invest over £100 million to integrate and grow its farming and fish feed production business in Scotland. We are proud of our 50 year heritage in the Scottish Highlands and Islands and the support we have from local communities and our dedicated workforce.
We are currently looking to identify a suitably qualified or experienced veterinarian especialised in fish health with extensive knowledge and foresight to undertake the role of Freshwater Health Manager covering the entirety of our freshwater operations.
Reporting to the Head of Fish Health the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for managing, motivating and teaching farm personnel along with a proactive ability to drive fish welfare and prevent the outbreak or spread of disease. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to take the appropriate corrective actions in the event of health or welfare problems, with the core objective of maximizing the production performance and quality of juvenile fish. The position allows scope for personal development and independent working, within the framework of support and joint responsibility provided by the existing team of experienced fish health biologists and veterinarians.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Postgraduate studies in management skills or similar.
- Driving license.
- Good level of English language (spoken and written).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Salmon Farming Industry, occupying a role as veterinarian.
- Sound experience in salmon freshwater health, including proven successful results in:
- Health management of RAS systems.
- Health management of flow through hatcheries.
- Health management of freshwater lakes.
- Eradication of endemic diseases.
- Solving water quality problems.
- Implementation of vaccination plans.
- Management of Saprolegnia outbreaks.
- Biosecurity implementation and auditing.
- Good knowledge on fish nutrition and experience in the fish feed sector.
- Experience in health training.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. Informal enquiries can be directed to Meritxell Diez Padrisa: Mobile 07833 045290 or the Human Resources Department.
In return we offer an attractive salary, bonus, pension, company vehicle, Occupation Health Support and training/development opportunities.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our MHS People website www.marineharvest.com/people
by Friday 1 June 2018. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the internet, please send a copy of your application to the Human Resources Department, Stob Ban House, Glen Nevis Business Park, Fort William, PH33 6RX.